CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here, from our award-winning medical staff to the dedicated people who change the sheets. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people...people like you.
CHRISTUS is the preferred home of the San Antonio SPURS.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System was founded in 1869 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word. The sisters heeded the call from the Catholic bishop of Texas to care for the multitude of sick, infirm, and orphaned in the Texas frontier. When the sisters arrived in San Antonio, the population was only 12,000 and there was no public hospital - until the sisters founded CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital.
From these humble beginnings, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers:
- Children's Hospital of San Antonio
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Emergency Center - Alon (NOW OPEN)
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Emergency Center - Creekside (NOW OPEN)
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Alamo Heights
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - City Centre - Now closed to make way for the Children's Hospital of San Antonio (decomissioned July 25, 2012)
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Medical Center
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - New Braunfels
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Physicians Ambulatory Surgery Centers - San Antonio
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Physicians Ambulatory Surgery Center - New Braunfels
Our Promise of Excellence
Excellence. Every Patient. Every Day.
The CHRISTUS Promise of Excellence is rooted in a 100-year old commitment to healing. Each day that promise is renewed, as we meet and care for new patients and their families.
The CHRISTUS Promise of Excellence
· We promise to provide quality medical care.
· We promise to be concerned for your comfort.
· We promise to communicate openly and fully with you.
· We promise to treat you with courtesy and respect.
· We promise to create an environment of healing.
At CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System our goal is to provide exceptional clinical care in the most professional and compassionate way possible.