CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Medical Center brings together state-of-the-art equipment, knowledgeable staff, and physicians, and extensive educational support in order to provide holistic treatment in a safe, family-focused environment for all of our patients.
Conveniently located in the South Texas Medical Center, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Medical Center is a preferred acute care and rehabilitation destination for patients and physicians throughout South Texas and beyond. The campus features a broad, unique range of inpatient and outpatient clinical services, centered around a modern 178-bed hospital facility.
Rounding out the comprehensive medical services offered on the hospital campus are five medical office buildings housing numerous physician offices, an Outpatient Rehabilitation Clinic, a Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment Clinic, the CHRISTUS Transplant Institute , and the newly opened CHRISTUS St. Mary's Hospice, featuring 14 luxuriously appointed private patient rooms in a brand new medical office building.
Signature Hospital services include:
- State-of-the-art da Vinci SiHDTM surgical system offers precise, minimally invasive surgery in the areas of gynecology, urology, and general surgery.
- The Orthopedics and Neurosciences Center, including spine surgery, and trauma care.
- A full range of Cardiovascular Services, from non-invasive cardiac imaging to the most complex open heart surgery. We are an accredited Chest Pain Center, as designated by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care, including numerous treatment and education options.
- CHRISTUS Transplant Institute , providing heart and kidney transplantation, as well as implantation and management of the Heartmate II Vascular Assist Device in patients in need of ventricular support as a bridge to heart transplantation or recovery.
- A dedicated Oncology unit, capable of providing a full range of treatment options.
- A robust Rehabilitation Program, dedicated to providing the quality rehabilitation services to help patients achieve their highest level of independence following the loss of physical and/or cognitive function. This was the first inpatient rehabilitation unit in San Antonio.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Medical Center's 15 bed Emergency Department consistently scores above the 90th percentile in patient satisfaction scores. Nearly 20,000 patients are seen annually in the Emergency Department, conveniently located on the north side of the South Texas Medical Center.
Use our online appointment scheduling tool
and check in to the emergency room from the comfort of your home.
Your care process begins within 5 minutes and you'll see a physician within 30 minutes. We strive to meet our 5/30 commitment. There may be times when critical emergencies, epidemics, and diversions impact our performance.
LiveWell Health Education Newsletter
Read the latest issue of LiveWell:
- Be Heart Smart
- Fresh Start
- Get the Facts About Bone Cancer
Become a member of the CHRISTUS LiveWell Women's Network. Get great tips on nutrition, exercise and wellness to help you and your family feel your best. Sign up today!
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – Medical Center
2827 Babcock Road
San Antonio, TX 78229
View Larger Map